Client Contract - Engagements/Seniors/Portraits
Below is our photography contract! I know it's long, but please examine this contract thoroughly, & if you have any questions feel free to contact me at any time through firstname.lastname@example.org! When you are ready to lock-in your day, fill out your electronic signature below, confirming that you agree to the contract on this page. Once you agree, your information will be sent to me where I will review & send you a copy with information on how to pay your retainer if applicable. Total cost should be discussed & understood by both parties before this contract is completed.
One step closer to creating some amazing photos!
Contract for Engagements/Bridals/Seniors/Other
This agreement is between Tanner Burge Photography (hereby referred to as the company) and "Your Name" listed as the main contact below (hereby referred to as “client”). Both parties agree to the following:
- The below-mentioned client shall pay the company all extra costs that the company may have for travel at a rate of $1.00/mile after 15 miles, one way. Balance of session must be paid in full no later than the day prior to the session. The company will view the event as cancelled if the second payment is not received.
- The photographs will be delivered to the client via digital gallery no later than 6 weeks after session. The client may request a USB of photos for $35.
- The company retains full creative control over all images produced during session. The client shall in no way alter, change or otherwise manipulate an image given them by the company. These images are the very best work the company has to offer and are fully edited with the highest standard of quality. This means photos will be adjusted for light, color and crop. Client understands that they may not alter the images in anyway as this is a copyright infringement. This is including with the use of dramatic cropping or social media filters. Client understands that no image is guaranteed. Some images may be retouched, but if there is specific retouching required by client in addition to what the company has provided, client understands that the company has the right to charge hourly for additional work to photos (as in removing people from photo, ect.) Hourly retouching rate is $300, with a minimum of 1 hour billed.
- Client agrees to not use screenshots of photos for any reason, including profile photos, cover photos or for any other online display. AT NO POINT MAY INSTAGRAM OR ANY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA FILTERS BE APPLIED TO PHOTOGRAPHS CREATED BY THE COMPANY. Client will find their gallery to contain web size downloads for social media use. The company will also post images to personal and business social media accounts at its discretion, barring nudity, and will not remove an image once posted.
- Client will assist and cooperate with the company in gaining any requested photographs, such as specifying the people and location to be photographed; assisting the photographer in posing at the photographers direction; pre-consultations, etc. The company is not responsible for photographs that are not taken due to clients failure to be cooperative, communicative and of reasonable assistance. At no point at any time during the session are cell phone photos or videos allowed to be taken.
- The company maintains the copyrights of all images and hereby issues the client unlimited but non-exclusive rights to use or reproduce the purchased photographs. Client may not use photographs for commercial use. Photographs will be used for advertising and marketing by/at the photographer’s discretion. At no point will any raw photos be released to the client. If the client would like to buy out the copyright to photos owned by the company, the amount is $2,000 for the loss of use and any potential event loss.
- If the company cannot perform this Agreement due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to photographer’s illness, then the photographer shall return the deposit to the client but shall have no further liability with respect to this Agreement. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that the photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or memory card malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the company. In the event of file corruption or loss, a refund will be given with the exception of travel costs. In the event that the company fails to perform for any other reason, the company shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client’s order.
- Client will have 30 days after gallery delivery to make the company aware of any issue, discrepancy, technical problem or any other complaint regarding photos, their quality and contents, or anything relating to wedding day coverage. After this 30-day term has expired, the company will no longer be liable to client for any corrections, damages, refunds, re edits or re shoots. Re-edits after this term may be made if deemed appropriate by the company, but the hourly fee of $100 for retouching will be billed with a minimum one hour required.
- To avoid copyright infringement, cell phone photos or video are prohibited during the shoot without express permission from the company. No one but Photographer and Clients should be present at the time of the shoot to avoid distractions and to ensure the utmost quality of photos.
- The company retains copyright ownership of all photos and they may be used for marketing, blogging or any other public use deemed appropriate. The only exception to this will be photos containing nudity.